Recently a robin made a nest above the back deck on the new gutter and deck light. We never had the gutter there before so that is probably why we never had a bird’s nest there before. We typically get them in the potted plants on the front porch. It’s nice having them on the front porch because you see them grow up from in the house without disturbing them. Unfortunately in the nest in the back is right above one of the chair spots, so “bombs away!” if you catch my drift.
We thought about moving it before it laid it’s eggs, but we waited too long and now can’t touch it because we don’t want the mother to abandon the nest. We are used to seeing all sorts of birds in the yard all summer. We get sparrows, pigeons, a lot of crows, robins, blue jays, and cardinals. Usually it’s the sparrows that make a nest somewhere, first time a robin did it. I can’t wait to see them grow up. Wish I could peek at the blue eggs, but once again don’t want to disturb it.
- Look Who’s Back Again Around this time last year we had a robin make a nest in the back of the house. It found a little nook on top of a bend in the gutter leader that is next to a floodlight. Well we started […]
- We Chose Our Summer Vacation Spot 2009 Jamie and I chose our vacation location early this year, due to the fact that we are traveling by plane. I don't know why I started to look here, but it's a spot you just can't go wrong […]
- Last Day of Vacation Today was the last day of vacation. Unfortunately it rained almost all day. We didn't get to finish the cliff walk which stinks because I really wanted to do that. One good thing came out […]
- Vacation – Day 7 Today was a pretty good day. We woke up early and rode the ferry to Block Island. Unfortunately there is only one ferry from Newport to Block Island and it arrives there at 11:15 and […]
- Vacation – Day 6 Friday we went kayaking in the morning near Fort Adams. This is the second time we went kayaking. The first time was when we were in California two summers ago. The weather broke and it […]
- Vacation – Day 5 Today was a horrible day. It stormed since Wednesday night and hasn't stopped yet. Because of this, all we did today was visit one mansion and then have dinner at Ruby Tuesdays.