Jamie’s car needed new tires two weeks ago to pass inspection. You can read more on that in the previous post. I decided to get four of Firestone’s Firehawk GT’s. This is an all-season tire with a 460 treadwear, so we’ll get about 50-60,000 miles out of it, which is about 3 years for us on that car. Its rating is A for both traction and temperature. For the northeast I don’t recommend anything less than A/A.
The tire looks really good on her car. Since its an RSX and a bit sporty, the tire fits in well. The tire has the look and feel of a sports tire because its a bit wider and sleeker, but has the dependability of an all-season tire and less rapid treadwear of a sports tire (like mine). It also is pretty decently priced, only about $100 a tire.
You can check out more at the manufacturer’s website here.
The Firehawk GT’s asymmetrical design provides optimal balance and evacuation of water. It’s advanced technology called Veri-Pitch Noise Reduction helps reduce road noise. It has a high-silica compound and wider tread profile for improved cornering coefficient for superb handling.
- How To Plug A Hole In Your Tire Tread I recently had my right front tire pressure get low. Upon inspecting it I found a nice little screw in the tread of the tire. I got lucky that was the only issue because now I can repair […]
- New Tires – Bridgestone Potenza I got new tires for the car finally. Old ones were probably 15,000 miles overdue. My parents got me new Bridgestone Potenzas for Christmas. Finally got around to getting them mounted and […]
- Car Maintenance Weekend I spent some quality time with Jess' car this past weekend. I plan on gradually changing as many parts as I can before the baby comes so everything is good as new and safe. For this […]
- New Tires For The Truck It's time already for me to get some new tires for the truck. 48,000 miles on the factory tires isn't too shabby considering they are only rated for 60,000 miles. I've gotten 2 1/2 years […]
- Accord Hits 100,000 Miles All week long I have been watching the odometer because I was getting near 100,000 miles. I get home Thursday night and notice that I am really close to that number and I had to travel to […]
- July, Welcome As it gets warmer out the days just seem to fly by. I have been incredibly busy this summer with extra tasks at work and the web business getting busier. I find myself in front of a […]