I was staring at my cabinet the other night wondering what to make myself for dinner. As usual the same boring options where there, but I realized I have not had beans in a while. I found this chili recipe online and it actually came out pretty well. Of course I was lacking about half the ingredients at the time, but it was still tasty.
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers (orange, red, yellow, or green)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 15 ounce cans light kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Daisy Light Sour Cream
In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, cook and stir the ground beef, onion, pepper, and garlic until beef is no longer pink and the vegetables are crisp tender (8 to 9 minutes). Add the chili powder, cumin and pepper to the Dutch oven. Continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the kidney beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and water to the Dutch oven. Cook and stir until the chili comes to a boil (5 to 6 minutes). Reduce the heat to medium low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve individual bowls of chili with a dollop of Daisy Sour Cream. Garnish with shredded cheese, avocado slices, and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce if desired.