I finally sat down and figured out how to make Joe and Jamie’s Blog look better for mobile readers. Well it turns out there are simple plugins out there that take all of two seconds to install and voila, mobile-fied.
So why did I put it towards the bottom of the list for a rainy day? Not sure, guess I thought it would take hours of work.
I decided to to add mobile capabilities because sadly I am on my BlackBerry as much as my computer, if not more. So now you all have even less of an excuse to read this blog, you can do so anywhere you get a signal.
Just go to the blog on your cell phone as you would normally, but this time it will detect you’re on a mobile browser and arrange the blog into a readable format that’s easy on the eyes and easy to navigate. Nothing fancy needs to be done. Try it out, maybe you’ll find it more convenient and stop by more often.
If you have a WordPress blog and are interested in this plugin, you can check it out here. I chose to use WordPress Mobile Edition. You can’t customize the theme too much and there isn’t many options, but it works really well with pictures and links. Another one is WordPress Mobile Pack, which you can customize the crap out of it (colors, sidebars, etc), but it didn’t display links correctly so I scrapped that one.
- WordPress W3 Total Cache Plugin I think I finally found a cache plugin that doesn't go haywire and make things worse. WordPress plugin W3 Total Cache has been running for a bit and has seemed to help the recent slowness […]
- Blog Modifications Ok well today I discovered that the blog hasn't looked right since I updated it last week. Guess that's my fault for not checking the site in Internet Explorer. Forgot to since I don't use […]
- WordPress Jetpack Protect Error On Password Protected Site I recently came across an issue with the Jetpack plugin for WordPress. If you enable the Protect setting on a password protected WordPress site, you will simply get a blank page after […]
- Comment Mania! Apparently the Facebook plugin I used went haywire between last night and this morning. My apologies to anyone annoyed by email or mass Facebook update. Needless to say I have disabled […]
- New Blog Theme Is Live I hunkered down and completed the new theme today and activated it. I chose the theme Suffusion by Sayontan Sinha .I hope everyone likes it as much as I do. Big credit to the developer as […]
- Great Cache Plugin For WordPress I always wanted to speed up the processing of this blog as most of the stuff is static except for the posts. Found a really good cache plugin for WordPress today called WP Super Cache. If […]