We woke up a bit too late today, so we made it a beach day. The sun was out and it was very hot, so perfect weather for the beach, not a cloud in the sky. We took the long trek across the street to the beach after spending the morning deciding what to do for the week.
We decided to eat at the Red Parrot Restaurant tonight. They had a very good selection of local seafood and Caribbean dishes. Jamie and I both chose the surf and turf.
Jamie and I posing at Brown Howard Warf.
Look at the size of some of these yachts. Everyone around here is loaded. That big one to the right is well over a million dollars.
Hustle and bussle down Bannister’s Warf.
Sites from the main road, America’s Cup Ave.
This is Trinity Church which I thought was pretty cool because of the huge clock on the side of it.
We completed our night with a stoll on Easton’s Beach taking in the nice sunset…
but not before ice cream at Roba Dolce.
- Start of Vacation Yesterday Jamie and I made the trip out to Newport, Rhode Island. It isn't a bad ride at all, about 3 1/2 hours from Poughkeepsie. We hit no traffic and it was a beautiful day. We arrived […]
- Vacation – Day 7 Today was a pretty good day. We woke up early and rode the ferry to Block Island. Unfortunately there is only one ferry from Newport to Block Island and it arrives there at 11:15 and […]
- Vacation – Day 3 Tuesday was a very hot day. Jamie and I decided to check out the famous Cliff Walk that was located only a few blocks down the road from our hotel. We had no idea that it was 3 1/2 miles […]
- We Chose Our Summer Vacation Spot We're going to Newport, Rhode Island.
We decided on this because it's a lot closer for us to get to since we didn't want to blow most of the vacation money on gas. I booked our 8 day […]
- Last Day of Vacation Today was the last day of vacation. Unfortunately it rained almost all day. We didn't get to finish the cliff walk which stinks because I really wanted to do that. One good thing came out […]
- Vacation – Day 6 Friday we went kayaking in the morning near Fort Adams. This is the second time we went kayaking. The first time was when we were in California two summers ago. The weather broke and it […]