On Friday I was working for a new client in Albany. They are getting a brand new server, APC and network switch.
My job was to mount the new switch and connect the data cables from the punch down that was done by the telephone company.
The first picture is what was done by the phone company.
Here is what it looks like after I mounted the switch and 2 wall mount racks. These racks are really neat. They hug the wall saving space, especially good for this project since the closet is going to be used as a kitchen and storage area. They are pretty inexpensive too, only $200 for each. A 4 post 8 foot rack with shelves costs anywhere from $1,250 – $5,000 or more, depending on brand, number of shelves, accessories, etc, etc. You can check out these wall mount shelves on Dell’s page here.
The wires on my side are a bit of a mess, but that’s only because we didn’t receive 1/2 the cables we needed. We have small cables coming so we can make it look neat, had to use 15 foot cables in the meantime. Just waiting for the server and APC unit to finish their setup then it’s on to configuring the desktop machines on the new network.
- SonicWALL TZ 180 Internet Security Appliance I purchased a little present for myself last week, something I have been wanting for awhile. I bought an internet security firewall router, a SonicWALL TZ 180. These devices are more of a […]
- New Web Server Sites are up and running on a new web server today. Shout out if you have any issues.
- Changed Web Hosts My web hosting account was set to expire next month and I decided it was time to shop around for the best deal. I no longer maintain a fleet of e-commerce websites so I didn't feel like […]
- Microsoft Hyper-V Keyboard Shortcuts I always wind up having to look up one or two of these keyboard shortcuts when working in a Hyper-V environment, especially when the integration software isn't installed yet. So here's a […]
- Great Cache Plugin For WordPress I always wanted to speed up the processing of this blog as most of the stuff is static except for the posts. Found a really good cache plugin for WordPress today called WP Super Cache. If […]
- Blog Going Offline For Maintenance My webhost is upgrading my server sometime in the next 48 hours so there may be an hour or two that the site is down.