On Friday I was working for a new client in Albany. They are getting a brand new server, APC and network switch.
My job was to mount the new switch and connect the data cables from the punch down that was done by the telephone company.
The first picture is what was done by the phone company.
Here is what it looks like after I mounted the switch and 2 wall mount racks. These racks are really neat. They hug the wall saving space, especially good for this project since the closet is going to be used as a kitchen and storage area. They are pretty inexpensive too, only $200 for each. A 4 post 8 foot rack with shelves costs anywhere from $1,250 – $5,000 or more, depending on brand, number of shelves, accessories, etc, etc. You can check out these wall mount shelves on Dell’s page here.
The wires on my side are a bit of a mess, but that’s only because we didn’t receive 1/2 the cables we needed. We have small cables coming so we can make it look neat, had to use 15 foot cables in the meantime. Just waiting for the server and APC unit to finish their setup then it’s on to configuring the desktop machines on the new network.
- SonicWALL TZ 180 Internet Security Appliance I purchased a little present for myself last week, something I have been wanting for awhile. I bought an internet security firewall router, a SonicWALL TZ 180. These devices are more of a […]
- New Web Server Sites are up and running on a new web server today. Shout out if you have any issues.
- Busy week It's been a very busy week for me, haven't had much time to post and further develop any of the other sites. I did notice I finally got my first comment, so at least 1 person is reading […]
- Premium Domain Names I bought some more domain names this weekend. I was bored and stuck in front of a computer which never leads to anything good. I have had some idea of creating informative blog sites on […]
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 As of right now, I would say do not install Windows XP Service Pack 3.
I have experienced several issues with the latest service pack. I had a computer not allow users to login after it […]
- How to replace a Dell notebook keyboard Today I replaced the keyboard on my sister's Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. She broke off one of the keys somehow, luckily I had it under warranty to get a free replacement keyboard shipped to […]