I’ve been making pancakes from scratch for a while now, just about every weekend. It all started when I ran out of pancake mix one day and Arianna really wanted pancakes. Turned out these scratch ones are some of the best tasking pancakes I’ve ever eaten, and it only takes a few minutes to put it all together. I figured I would share the recipe for other pancake lovers out there. Makes anywhere between 9-12 pancakes.
Old Fashioned Pancakes Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract* (optional)
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Hearty Lean Chili Recipe I was staring at my cabinet the other night wondering what to make myself for dinner. As usual the same boring options where there, but I realized I have not had beans in a while. I found […]
- Slow-Cooker Whole “Roast” Spice-Rubbed Chicken Recipe For the Super Bowl this year we decided to make a whole chicken in the slow-cooker instead of re-heating some frozen wings and other crappy-yet-delicious frozen food. We put the new […]
- Buffalo Chicken Cups Recipe Buffalo Chicken Cups
12 oz of chicken (diced or shredded)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce (Frank's is […]
- Making Half A Recipe Ever find this awesome recipe but it yields 4 dozen or enough for 16 people when there is just the two of you? Happens to me all the time. This has come in handy on a few occasions so I […]
- Banana Bread Recipe Yesterday I noticed I had some bananas lying around that were getting too old to eat, so it was time to make some banana bread! This is the first time I have made banana bread from scratch […]
- Oven Roasted Teriyaki Chicken Recipe I was looking for how to make homemade Teriyaki sauce one day and came across this recipe. I made a few changes since there wasn't enough sauce, so here is my version of the recipe.