After watching Marc Staal get blasted in the eye socket with a puck last night I asked the question I have brought up for years, why hasn’t wearing visors been made into a rule yet? I mean every sport is cracking down on concussions and injuries, but the NHL hasn’t made a rule yet to force players to wear safety equipment. Yeah I know it’s the players choice and obviously he made a poor one, but the questions lies, why isn’t it mandatory? If Marc Staal was wearing one he would’ve stayed in the game and been able to shake it off. Instead he’s probably at home with a pack of green beans on his face for the next 2 days. I would think by now visors would be mandatory and we would still be arguing over going full cage face mask or not. Instead the conversation is still about visors. Hell, goalies aren’t even forced to wear the neck protectors and they get 30-40 pucks shot at them a night, some of them over 100MPH! I mean come on, step up your game NHL. You already have the technology, just enforce it.
Read the article here. Watch the video here.
- 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Update Well once again my 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs bracket is completely screwed. Nashville was beat out by Chicago and went on to sweep Minnesota. Montreal managed to beat Ottawa, but was […]
- 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Already a week into the 2015 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs and I still haven't posted my bracket yet! Boy was it a close one for my Pittsburgh Penguins, just barely made it in this year. […]
- New York Rangers Game For Jess’ Birthday I bought Jess tickets to go see the New York Rangers for her birthday this year. Picked out some pretty good seats in the 200's dead center ice. The Rangers faced the Montreal Canadiens […]
- Stanley Cup Playoffs Update I honestly can't figure out who to root for in the Stanley Cup Playoffs now that the Penguins and Ducks have lost. I'm sitting here watching the Rangers actually playing like a real […]
- 2014 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Bracket Here's my 2014 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs bracket. I don't know why, but I just feel like Anaheim may take it all this year. It's tough out in the west, so anything can happen. Hate to diss […]
- NY Rangers Game On Monday Jess and I headed down to the city to see our annual NY Rangers game. Thankfully Alyssa watched Arianna for us so we could take the train down early and hit or normal spot for […]