I’m making the leap to Windows 8 right now on my work laptop. Hope I don’t regret this. Guess I really should be on top of the new stuff to support my clients better. I’m sure I will complain for a while and call it stupid, but I’m sure I did that with Windows 7 which I came to love. I will do a follow up in a few weeks after playing with the operating system.
[UPDATE 12-10-2012] It has been only a few days but I am getting used to the new OS. I knew it wouldn’t take long if I just gave it a shot. Heck, it’s not like Microsoft is going to recall it. The metro UI is horribly annoying if you don’t have a tablet, but honestly you don’t have to use it. Once I login, I have the left monitor switch to desktop mode and I just work from there. The only time I touch the horrible start screen is if I don’t have a shortcut to an application on my desktop or in my taskbar. So if you are an average computer user, don’t be scared. If you are someone like myself that dabbles in the crap behind the scenes on a daily basis, give it a little bit more time. All the management functions aren’t backwards compatible so it gets annoying trying to manage older environments.
- Miss Your Start Menu In Windows 8? If you are like me and recently upgraded to Windows 8, but just can't get completely past the new user interface, here is a great product for you. StartW8 adds that missing start menu […]
- My New Computer Last month I gave in to temptation and got some new parts to spiffy up my old computer. It's but running super awesome and I couldn't be happier each time I use it.
I basically only […]
- Windows 8.1 – Enabling AHCI After Installing Windows I recently upgraded to a SSD drive at home but wanted to get the most out of it by switching to AHCI mode in the BIOS. Now I knew if I just made the swap Windows would just freak out and […]
- Windows 8 Password Recovery How to Change Forgotten Windows 8 Password with Installation Disc
Boot your Windows 8 computer from Windows 8 installation disc. Once the message “Press any key to boot from CD…..” […]
- Windows 8 Panoramic Desktop Themes I was recently shown that Windows 8 had some nice panoramic themes for people with multiple monitors. Since I use dual monitors all the time, I figured I would give them a shot. Honestly I […]
- Windows 7 Control Panel Canonical Names I recently came across the need for this information so I figured I would post it.
Windows 7 Control Panel Canonical Names
The following canonical names are defined for Control Panel […]