Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 can (11oz) whole kernel corn w/red and green peppers, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 corn tortillas
- Spray 6qt sauce pot with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat for 1 min. Add chicken to sauce pot and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Stir in broth, cumin, and rice. Heat to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 mins. Begin prepping tortilla strips.
- Stir in corn, salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Cook until the rice is tender.
- Top each serving with crisp strips.
Crisp tortilla strips
Heat oven to 425deg. Cut 4 corn tortillas into thin strips and place on baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 mins or until golden.
- Slow-Cooker Whole “Roast” Spice-Rubbed Chicken Recipe For the Super Bowl this year we decided to make a whole chicken in the slow-cooker instead of re-heating some frozen wings and other crappy-yet-delicious frozen food. We put the new […]
- Buffalo Chicken Cups Recipe Buffalo Chicken Cups
12 oz of chicken (diced or shredded)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce (Frank's is […]
- Oven Roasted Teriyaki Chicken Recipe I was looking for how to make homemade Teriyaki sauce one day and came across this recipe. I made a few changes since there wasn't enough sauce, so here is my version of the recipe.
- Chicken Milanese Recipe Chicken Milanese
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 skinless, boneless chicken […]
- Stuffed Green Peppers Recipe Stuffed Green Peppers
6 green bell peppers
1 pound ground beef
1/3 cup chopped onion
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- Florentine Stuffed Chicken Recipe Florentine Stuffed Chicken
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped onion
4 bone-in chicken […]