So my new phone came in yesterday. Spent all night hooking it up. Figured I would give it a full days worth of using it before I wrote this post.
Compared to my old blackberry this thing is a spaceship. Now I was using Eric’s Droid for a bit so I got used to Android. The thunderbolt easily blows this phone out of the water. The screen resolution and color is amazing. The speed is flawless so far. Apps load instantly and there isn’t any delay in switching screens either like the Droid.
Only problem I can see down the road is the battery as it gets old. Now I don’t call a lot so right now the battery lasts about a day and a half almost. That’s enough for me and not that big of a problem as I charge it at work all day. The other slight thing that bothers me is while using the kickstand for watching movies you can’t charge the phone. More of a slight design flaw than anything else.
I haven’t gotten around to using the front facing camera to chat yet. I’m planning on testing that with George tomorrow since he has a thunderbolt too.
Now the question is do I root it already or not…
- HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread Update Verizon pushed out gingerbread 2.3.4 today for the HTC Thunderbolt. Can't wait for it to finish downloading and for it to install so I can see what it is like. Been waiting for this. […]
- Slow Day Without 3G Ugh! For someone on the road I depend on my cell phone for office communication and the bazillion emails I get all day, or to test wifi, or look up information quickly to resolve […]
- Update For Samsung Note5 Fixes WiFi Issue Looks like software build MMB29K.N920VVRU2BPC2 fixed the Samsung Galaxy Note5 Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 issue I reported in an earlier post. WiFi is working well, Bluetooth doesn't drain […]
- Samsung Note5 WiFi Issue With Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 I recently updated my Samsung Galaxy Note5 to Android's new OS 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Immediately I noticed issues with WiFi network access. I tried forgetting the SSID's, trying new ones, […]
- Samsung Galaxy S4 YES! I can finally throw out my 4-year-old piece of shit HTC Thunderbolt. LOOOONG overdue for this new phone. It's amazing how I can press an app and have it open in less than a second, […]
- Crappy/hetic weekend Yet again, another crappy weekend. My uncle died early this week, leaving this weekend full of trips to Brooklyn and out to Long Island for the burial. It's sad to see him go, especially […]