This post is a little late, but this week was actually pretty busy. Sunday 4/26 we went to our second MLS game. I really enjoy going down there and thinking about getting an eight game pack of tickets for next year. The ride is an easy hour and fifteen minutes and the seats I have are really great, midfield-ish on the isle.
The NY Red Bulls faced D.C. United. First half was dull, 1-0 DC at the end. The Red Bulls came out in the second half and scored two goals within twenty minutes, taking the lead. One was a really cool header goal off a corner kick. Unfortunately in the last two minutes of the game DC tied the game up on a stupid goal that should have never went in. The goalie just watched the ball bounce in the goal, it was truely pathetic for a professional. Now we went into three minutes of extra time due to game stoppage, and guess what, DC scored again on another lame goal, winning the game. I couldn’t believe it, it was like they didn’t even try to stop them.
Maybe the next game they will win, they aren’t so hot this year, 1-4-2 so far. Last year they were the conference champions, go figure. You can watch this game’s highlights here.
- NY Red Bulls vs. DC United Finally got to go to another Red Bulls game on Sunday. Missed out on a few in May since they landed during the week and I got stuck at work. I headed down with Jess, Juston, Matthew and […]
- NY Red Bulls vs. D.C. United I wasn't able to go to the game tonight so here's just an update on the game since I post about the home games.
Figures they lost too. Oh and did I mention the only guy to score was the […]
- Our First MLS Soccer Game Saturday night Jamie, her sister Casey and her husband Andrew, and myself drove down to Giants Stadium to watch the NY Red Bulls play against Real Salt Lake in an MLS (Major League Soccer) […]
- NY Red Bulls Won The Supporters Shield With the win Sunday, the New York Red Bulls won the 2013 Supporter's Shield, something they have never won before. I guess I should have tried to make it to more games this year, but I […]
- MLS New York Red Bulls Home Opener Today was the home opener of the New York Red Bulls. Juston, Matthew and I drove down to enjoy the nice 37 degree and snowy day. The Red Bulls tied DC United 0-0, even though the Red Bulls […]
- New York Red Bulls 2013 Season Ticket Package Is Here! Finally the 2013 New York Red Bulls season ticket package is here! It's that time of the year I use to let me know that warm weather is coming and great sports are on for me to watch. I […]