I guess you can say that fall is officially here, and I am late in posting it. It has been pretty hectic around here lately, so I am just getting to this post now.
This shot was taken from my backyard. I love how the three trees show a progression of the season changing over. Now is the time where I take way too many landscape shots, I just cant get enough of how nice everything looks in the fall, it is my favorite time of the year.
So with fall comes the weather change. I like it when its 50-60 degrees outside; just cool enough for a light jacket and still have the car window down. That reminds me, have to take those low-profile tires off the car before the snow!
Last weekend the family went pumpkin picking at Secor Farm in Wappinger Falls. We have been going there for the past few years. It’s a nice place that lets you go out into the fields and pick your own pumpkin. After making an afternoon of picking the perfect pumpkin, we has a quick lunch at the Daily Planet and then headed home to paint the pumpkins. Check out our great art skills!
Here is the sucker we are going to carve, its 35lbs and just perfect!
Once we cut open this bad boy I’ll be sure to have more photos.
- Fun In The Fall Leaves
LEAF PILES!!!! I'm so glad Arianna loves playing in the leaves just like I did as a kid. We had a blast all afternoon.
- Arianna Enjoying The Leaves We were over my parents house this weekend and saw that my Dad had started to rake the leaves. Jess and I both thought it would be interesting to see what Arianna would do with some piles […]
- Pumpkin Carving It's that time of the year again to carve some pumpkins! After our trip to Kessman Farms with Alyssa we came home and carved up our first round of pumpkins. Starting early this year to […]
- Pumpkin Picking Today we went pumpkin picking with Alyssa. We took a ride over to Kessman Farms out near Alyssa's house. Arianna actually liked the hay ride and running around practically touching every […]
- Pumpkin Keg And Pumpkin Carving This past Saturday Jess, Juston, Matthew, and I went to Secor Farm in Wappingers Falls to pick some pumpkins for carving and creating our pumpkin keg creation. After walking around and […]
- Beginning of Autumn Yard Work It was a typical autumn weekend full of cutting the grass that was way too high to rake leaves and then getting all the leaves into bags for the first collection this Wednesday coming up. […]