Jamie and I are having a tough time deciding where to go for our summer vacation. We want to go someplace new this year. We narrowed it down to Rhode Island or Virginia. Last year we took a trip to Boston after making a stop in Cambridge, Mass. The Delaware shores and Baltimore where among the list this year, but we for some reason are settling more towards the shores of Rhode Island or Virginia Beach, the more touristy areas since they tend to have more to do.
My friend Jay just recently posted some pictures of his Memorial Day tip to Point Judith, RI. He has been to Block Island before and recommends it. You can see some pictures he took and if you take a gander at the comments he has more from older posts.
Basically we need your help. I want to book the hotel this weekend before prices go way up and nothing is available. Right now Hotels.com is running a special on a free $50 gas card if you book more than three nights between now and Labor Day. We’re planning to go July 17th though the 28th if that helps with the decision making.
- Vacation – Day 7 Today was a pretty good day. We woke up early and rode the ferry to Block Island. Unfortunately there is only one ferry from Newport to Block Island and it arrives there at 11:15 and […]
- We Chose Our Summer Vacation Spot We're going to Newport, Rhode Island.
We decided on this because it's a lot closer for us to get to since we didn't want to blow most of the vacation money on gas. I booked our 8 day […]
- Little Maryland Weekend Getaway Jess and I decided to just get away this past weekend so we took a trip down to Ocean City, Maryland. Neither of us have been there before so we knew it would be fun.
We had a great […]
- We Chose Our Summer Vacation Spot 2009 Jamie and I chose our vacation location early this year, due to the fact that we are traveling by plane. I don't know why I started to look here, but it's a spot you just can't go wrong […]
- Vacation – Day 6 Friday we went kayaking in the morning near Fort Adams. This is the second time we went kayaking. The first time was when we were in California two summers ago. The weather broke and it […]
- Vacation – Day 2 We woke up a bit too late today, so we made it a beach day. The sun was out and it was very hot, so perfect weather for the beach, not a cloud in the sky. We took the long trek across the […]