I had to recently migrate a few customers from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012 Essentials, unfortunately the Migration Preparation tool would keep failing on “DFS Replication service is not running”. DFS Replication service did not exist until Server 2003 R2. So to get round this I made the following modification:
- Open SBSMigrationPrep.ps1 located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2\Models\SBSMigrationPrep.ps1 in Notepad.
- Find “DFSR”
- We will get the function as shown bellow
$service = Get-Service -Name ‘DFSR’
$status = $service.Status
- Change the contents of “$service = Get-Service -Name ‘DFSR’” to $service = Get-Service -Name ‘DFS’
Once you have done this, re-run the Migration and Preparation Tool and it should now complete successfully.
- Windows 8.1 – Enabling AHCI After Installing Windows I recently upgraded to a SSD drive at home but wanted to get the most out of it by switching to AHCI mode in the BIOS. Now I knew if I just made the swap Windows would just freak out and […]
- Testing Out Windows 8 I'm making the leap to Windows 8 right now on my work laptop. Hope I don't regret this. Guess I really should be on top of the new stuff to support my clients better. I'm sure I will […]
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 As of right now, I would say do not install Windows XP Service Pack 3.
I have experienced several issues with the latest service pack. I had a computer not allow users to login after it […]
- New Toys To Play With I don't know what new toy to play with first! Just got our digital camcorder in today so we can take videos of the baby, Black Ops 2 came in the mail along with the camcorder, and Eric and […]
- Windows 8 Password Recovery How to Change Forgotten Windows 8 Password with Installation Disc
Boot your Windows 8 computer from Windows 8 installation disc. Once the message “Press any key to boot from CD…..” […]
- Windows 8 Panoramic Desktop Themes I was recently shown that Windows 8 had some nice panoramic themes for people with multiple monitors. Since I use dual monitors all the time, I figured I would give them a shot. Honestly I […]