Jess and have made 3 pies so far and we still have a few dozen apples left. We decided to make some applesauce for Arianna. It came in pretty handy that we bought a potato masher today. Since the applesauce came out pretty well I figured I would share the recipe with you being it’s apple season now.
Since I used pretty medium-small apples it was pretty watery after boiling. I would say if you use small apples go to 1/2 a cup of water, or do what we did and drain the water to a cup before mashing (in case you want to add some). That way you don’t make apple soup.
- 4 apples – peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a saucepan, combine apples, water, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until apples are soft.
- Allow to cool, then mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Apple Picking Apple picking time is here! Man do I love climbing in the trees and getting the best apples. Arianna had tons of fun picking her own apples. We decided to stay a bit closer to home and go […]
- Apple Picking It's that time of the year again, apple picking season! I took the day off to go apple picking with Jess and Arianna at Fishkill Farms. Same place I have been going to for as long as I can […]
- Apple Pie Season Is Back! Jess and I were pretty bored Sunday so we decided to go apple picking. Not sure what it was that made us think of it, but I'm glad we did as time is flying by and it is almost pumpkin […]
- Cinnamon Muffin Tops Recipe Here is the recipe I used last night to make the muffin tops
Cinnamon Muffin Tops
1/2 tb cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
- Damn You Cupcake Wars I spent the last 2 hours watching Cupcake Wars so naturally all I want to do now is make some cupcakes. For some odd reason we own every baking thing except for a cupcake tin so I decided […]
- What Does This Say?
What does that say?
Can you read that number?
It's not 30, or 35, and isn't 40 either. But apparently for my entire trip home that number 45 magically was turned into 35 for some […]