I think I finally found a cache plugin that doesn’t go haywire and make things worse. WordPress plugin W3 Total Cache has been running for a bit and has seemed to help the recent slowness I have seen. Looking forward for my performance tools to update so I can see how things have improved. Was getting scores around 64% before, now I’m hitting around 92% which makes me happy. Pretty good for not using a CDN either. Since I have a ton of images I may look into the for the future, even if I host it myself.
If anyone has seen/sees any bugs let me know.
- Great Cache Plugin For WordPress I always wanted to speed up the processing of this blog as most of the stuff is static except for the posts. Found a really good cache plugin for WordPress today called WP Super Cache. If […]
- Blog Modifications Ok well today I discovered that the blog hasn't looked right since I updated it last week. Guess that's my fault for not checking the site in Internet Explorer. Forgot to since I don't use […]
- Joe And Jamie’s Blog Has Gone Mobile I finally sat down and figured out how to make Joe and Jamie's Blog look better for mobile readers. Well it turns out there are simple plugins out there that take all of two seconds to […]
- WordPress Jetpack Protect Error On Password Protected Site I recently came across an issue with the Jetpack plugin for WordPress. If you enable the Protect setting on a password protected WordPress site, you will simply get a blank page after […]
- Comment Mania! Apparently the Facebook plugin I used went haywire between last night and this morning. My apologies to anyone annoyed by email or mass Facebook update. Needless to say I have disabled […]
- Updated Some Plugins I just updated some plugins for the site, mainly to increase speed with super caching. Please let me know if you are experiencing any issues with pages, posts, or images loading. So far […]