My web hosting account was set to expire next month and I decided it was time to shop around for the best deal. I no longer maintain a fleet of e-commerce websites so I didn’t feel like paying $180 a year for a host. I chose to go with JustHost.com as my new web host. I know a few people that use them and they have never had any issues, plus they are ranked high on any search you do for best web host. What made me move from Hostmonster was that even if I lowered down my plan it was still $7 to $9 per month for the same features as JustHost which was $3.25/month.
Hopefully not too many people caught the slight downtime as the name servers replicated and the domain transferred over to GoDaddy. The site is up and fully functioning on JustHost and working great! I was worried about performance since I no longer have a dedicated server, but I haven’t seen any issues yet. Feel free to let me know if you have any issues since the changeover, or any questions on picking a web host.
- Great Cache Plugin For WordPress I always wanted to speed up the processing of this blog as most of the stuff is static except for the posts. Found a really good cache plugin for WordPress today called WP Super Cache. If […]
- New Web Server Sites are up and running on a new web server today. Shout out if you have any issues.
- Check Out The New HanniganBlog Store Hey everyone, check out the new HanniganBlog Store! I know you all are on this site 24/7 so why not do all your shopping here too? Just click on the store link up on the top right. Be sure […]
- Blog Turns 7! I just noticed a little notification on my blog's admin page. It was a nice reminder from WordPress that I've been blogging for 7 years now! Time just keeps on rolling! Glad I've kept this […]
- Updated The Blog Theme Tonight I've noticed I'm developing a pattern of getting bored with the blog theme roughly once a year, if not more. Started sifting through a few tonight and ultimately chose to go with the […]
- 6 Years And Still Going Six years ago today I started this blog. Many things have come and gone, but I've stuck with this project. I've enjoyed the times I've gone back in time to re-read some of my posts and […]